No products in the cart.
The music therapist
WHO IS THE MUSIC THERAPIST ?
The music therapist is a credentialed Professional (MTA) who :
- Has graduated from a university program recognized by the Canadian Association of Music Therapists (CAMT)
- Has completed a 1000-hour clinical internship under the supervision of a CAMT-Approved certified supervisor
- Is certified, or in the certification process leading to the title of certified music therapist (MTA) as defined by the CAMT
- Is a member in good standing of CAMT
- Works safely and ethically respecting the CAMT code of ethics
In addition to his university education, the certified music therapist has knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Music and its impact
- Clinical improvisation
- Specific approaches in music therapy
- Psychosocial and neurobiological development
- The characteristics and needs related to various pathologies
- Writing music therapy assessments, treatment plans and progress notes